Grit: The key to your success at CVA
Written Student Learning Plan (WSLP):
- Please verify that all WSLP courses are correct.
- We begin processing instructional resources 30 days before courses begin. If you wish to check the status of your student’s curriculum shipment, please see these instructions.
- Most online courses do not require additional instructional resources and they are available to registered students on their first day of school.
- Teachers will help determine whether or not any supplemental materials should be used.
Initial Teacher Contact:
- Homeroom teachers will send an introductory message prior to the first day of school.
- Homeroom teachers will call no later than the first week of school to answer your questions and help you get started.
- This website contains a wealth of information about CVA and there are links to Help Center on each of our websites.
- Teachers are the first point of contact for support during the school year, but if additional assistance is needed, please submit a support request.
CVA Website is where parents:
- complete registrations;
- view school calendars;
- browse the course catalog;
- review learning plans;
- view instructional resources;
- view progress reviews; and
- access other CVA resources.
CVA Buzz is where students:
- gain access to online classes (grades K-12);
- submit work samples for text-based courses (grades K-8);
- view performance in each course; and
- read school, teacher and class announcements.
* Parents can observe student activity by logging in to Buzz with parent accounts.
i-Ready is a K–12 adaptive diagnostic tool for reading and mathematics that pinpoints student needs down to the sub-skill level. CVA uses i-Ready to determine course and curriculum placement and for ongoing progress monitoring. See the i-Ready Parent Letter for more information.
Office 365 is a collection of services that allows students to collaborate and share schoolwork. The service includes Outlook, Skype, Office Online (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote), unlimited OneDrive storage, Yammer, and SharePoint sites. Students can install the full Office applications on up to 5 PCs or Macs for free. See this support article for more information.
Navigating CVA websites is very easy once you understand a few key principles:
- Parent accounts only have access to student information on cva.org and the option to observe students in Buzz. Parent accounts will not work for iReady, Learning A-Z and Office 365.
- We use Microsoft's Single Sign-On (SSO) service for all CVA websites. This means a student can log into one CVA website and have immediate access to other CVA websites while using the same web browser. On shared computers, students must sign out of CVA accounts before other students in the family can sign in.