Mid-year grade level advancement will be considered through the following process:
- Parent written request and consultation with the student’s teacher;
- Successful completion of the present grade level curriculum and/or demonstrated mastery of grade level competencies;
- Evaluation of the completed current grade level curriculum and/or competencies by the certificated teacher through valid multiple measures such as student weekly check-in’s, Discussion Based Assessments (DBAs), and submission of work samples to demonstrate the academic mastery of the present grade level skills;
- Demonstration of academic readiness based on the results of approved placement or achievement assessment(s);
- Advancement request and evidence of student learning reviewed by Student Success Team (SST);
- Final grade level advancement approval by the CVA principal based on this consultation and review.