Columbia Virtual Academy (CVA) is not a program where even the most independent learner can be left alone to work without parental support and guidance. As part of CVA's partnership with families, parents facilitate student learning by:
- delivering daily lessons (text-based curriculum, K-8);
- monitoring student progress (online curriculum, K-12);
- planning and navigating daily academic schedules;
- ensuring students are completing work;
- assisting with grading of student work;
- collaborating with CVA teachers;
- facilitating regular submission of work samples;
- preparing students for monthly reviews;
- preparing students for assessments'
- ensuring students have the necessary technology (high speed internet, updated browsers, plugins and settings, speakers and microphones, as applicable) and know how to use it;
- ensuring safe keeping and good care of all CVA instructional resources loaned to students ;
- ensuring that students demonstrate high-levels of academic integrity at CVA.