To earn a Washington high school diploma, students scheduled to graduate in the years 2016-2020 will need to accomplish the following:
- Document satisfactory completion of at least 20 credits
- Non-credit Requirements:
- Complete a High School and Beyond Plan (HSBP)
- Certificate of Achievement (pass required assessments)
- Washington State History and Government (typically taken during 7th or 8th grade year)
- Pass the required assessments
You can review year specific requirements published by State Board of Education here. CVA secured 24 credit waivers for the graduating classes of 2019 and 2020, so these students also need to complete at least 20 credits.
Students may repeat courses in order to improve their grades or to update their knowledge of the course material. The course may only be counted once to fulfill graduation credit requirements; unless the course is identified in the College Catalog course descriptions as being repeatable for credit (such as some physical education, music, or other activity courses).
All grades earned will be posted to students’ transcripts. However, only the highest grade will be calculated in the GPA.