Students Living Outside Washington State


As a general rule, CVA cannot serve students who live outside of Washington State, even when families maintain permanent residency in the State (WAC 392-137-115WAC 392-121-106). Students are typically ineligible to receive services from CVA when they reside out of the State for 20 consecutive school days or longer (WAC 392-121-108). 

Washington State law does not allow public school districts to claim funding for students who reside outside of the State of Washington. With prior school district approval, however, it is possible for students to reside outside of the State for up to two (2) months.

Have more questions? Submit a request